Our guided tour will take you to the most relevant trenches and significant battlefield sites from World War One such as Hill 60, Hill 62, Tyne Cot cemetery, Polygon Wood,Essines Ridge and more in the Ypres Salient. In the Somme we go to Thiepval, Pozieres, Mouquet farm, Villers Bretonneux.
But we take you also to places of your own choice: a small cemetery where a relative is buried or a less known battlefield where he fought was wounded or received an award.
We also visit German sites as well Allied.
As a special service we can try to trace the movements of an individual soldier during the first world war. If you are interested in that service, please give us notice a few weeks prior to your arrival.We willalso need some information about regiment, battalion, division etc...so we can do the neccassary research.
Because we live in the area and are grew up on the ancient battlefields, we have contact with a lot local people and we are able to take you to some hidden places in the landscape or on private properties.
We want to give you information about the most humanitarian aspects of the war.
• Find out how almost 100 years after the begining of the Great War all the victims from First World War are remembered?
• What happened with the local population during and after the war?
• What was the ressult of devastation?
• What happen with the unexploded ammunition?
A guided tour to the Western front with a qualified guide will give you an answer to all those questions.
• New Mercedes Viano
• Easy to get in and out
• Confortable individual chairs
• Automatic air conditioning
• Microphone system
• DVD and Audio all surround
• Umbrellas, binocular and computer on board
• Refreshments available